Thursday, December 8, 2011

When ADHD and Anxiety Occur Together | Psych Central

If I didn't know better I'd think the author knew me. ADHD and anxiety have plagued me for many years. My efforts to break it's death grip on me have only made me more aware of the things I don't want to worry about. It's horrible, it's affects my family. It's drive my life, where I work, when I work, who I speak to, what I feel about myself when I look in the mirror. The list is endless. Anti-depressants only dull the senses, but the fear is still there, still keeping me from doing the things I want to, getting the jobs I should have, and making the money I deserve.

This excerpt says it all.

“People with ADHD, especially when untreated, are more likely to feel overwhelmed and to have more things fall through the cracks which evokes more frequent negative situations—others are angry with them, they feel disappointed in themselves,”

I hope you find this article useful, and above all else if you know someone that suffers from ADHD, realize what they're going through. Help them see past their fears, and flaws. This will do a world of good in their heart and mind.

Read full article at When ADHD and Anxiety Occur Together | Psych Central





Regards
John Crawford

AutismZone
Accokeek Computers
Mamas Best Recipes
The Cartouche - Science Fiction Reviews


AddThis Social Bookmark Button
Add to Technorati Favorites

No comments:

Do you believe vaccinations cause or contribute to autism?