Sunday, November 11, 2007

Video Series - Vaccines - The Hidden Truth

In addition to the video series, I wanted to touch on something from the Autism Society of America's latest newsletter. The article was titled "Defense Bill Includes Autism Funding". Congress authorized $6.4 million to the DOD's research program, apparently for the second year in a row. While there's not much to the article, they miss the boat on EDUCATING the medical professionals. Doctors (including pediatricians) believe vaccines are the greatest thing since sliced bread. Military doctors, especially, aren't gonna go against anything their superiors would scoff at.

For instance, I had a brief conversation with my baby's pediatrician recently about when I should start my baby on vaccines. She's 11 months old, and we've purposely abstained on all vaccines because of our Autistic son. She insisted, however, there was no evidence that vaccines cause autism. Little does she know I've done my homework.

Since I am retired from active duty, it's not an issue for me. However, it's the active duty families that are forced to get the vaccines. Whether you need them or not, you have to get them if you are moving to an overseas location, and there is pressure to get them in military hospitals. The sad fact is most young parents don't have a clue what they are subjecting their children to, that is, until it's too late.

While I think the money is a great thing, and by all means, lets not slap a gift horse in the mouth, I think the medical community as a whole needs to wake up and smell the coffee with regards to vaccines. I'm with Jenny McCarthy, one size does not fit all, and I'm not gonna allow my baby to be given any vaccine until I'm sure it's safe.


Regards
John Crawford

AutismZone
Accokeek Computers
Accokeek Gifts
Mamas Best Recipes
The Cartouche - Science Fiction Reviews
Simple Opportunities
Conquer Your Niche

No comments:

Do you believe vaccinations cause or contribute to autism?